17 Perfect Winter Skirts You Can Wear From Day to Night
Us Weekly has affiliate partnerships so we may receive compensation for some links to products and services.
Not even the winter cold can stop Us from wearing skirts! It’s all about selecting the right styles and making the necessary adjustments in order to keep these garments in the rotation. That could mean simply wearing a pair of tights to give you extra warmth or picking out a particular pair of boots for ample leg coverage.
With the proper tweaks, you can rock any number of skirts in the winter — and we handpicked a few options for you. See what we’re shopping below!
Our Absolute Favorite: When it comes to minis in the winter, we’re pretty particular about the material they’re made from. Thicker knits or wool fabrics are ideal, and the print can play a huge role too. Plaids are always a classic option, and we tend to opt for darker hues as well. But one of our favorite finds is this gorgeous suede style! It’s luxurious, has a cozy quality and will pair perfectly with so many tall boots. Plus, it doesn’t hurt that the sale price right now is a major steal!
More styles we love:
- Topshop Pleated Faux Leather Miniskirt — $56 at Nordstrom!
- chouyatou Women’s High Waist A-Line Wool Pleated Skirt — $25 on Amazon!
- Floerns Women’s Plaid High Waist Bodycon Mini Skirt — starting at $21 on Amazon!
- IDEALSANXUN Women’s High Waist Plaid Wool Mini Skirt — starting at $27 on Amazon
- BALEAF Women’s 17″ Puffer Quilted Skirt — $36 on Amazon!
Our Absolute Favorite: With midi skirts, we’re not as picky about the material due to their length, and we focus on incorporating rich colors which fit the seasonal mood. You can always wear bright and vibrant hues, but if we’re matching our skirts to our boots, neutrals and deep colors may potentially work better. This faux-leather wrap skirt is so chic and will be a nice contrast when teamed with cozy knits.
More styles we love:
- NIMIN High Waisted Stretchy Ribbed Knit Midi Skirt — starting at $21 on Amazon!
- Happy Sailed Corduroy Knee-Length Midi Skirt — $25 on Amazon!
- Kate Kasin Women’s Knee Length Stretchy Ribbed Skirt — starting at $14 on Amazon!
- Club Monaco Slit Sweater Skirt — originally $180, now $108 at Nordstrom!
- Open Edit Side Ruched Skirt — starting at $18 at Nordstrom!
Our Absolute Favorite: Our lightweight, boho-style skirts generally take a backseat in the wintertime, and we choose heavier styles to potentially wear without tights! The length and warmth provided by the material is essential for the season, but you can still get away with wearing skirts made from thinner fabrics with the appropriate styling. As far as winter maxi skirts go, we can’t think of a better one than this full-length beauty! It’s available in tons of colors and prints — they’re all perfection.
More styles we love:
- chouyatou Women’s A-Line Swing Maxi Skirt — $36 at Amazon!
- Edikted Nylon Cargo Maxi Skirt — $86 at Nordstrom!
- Free People Backseat Glamour Maxi Skirt — starting at $90 at Nordstrom!
- CHARTOU Women’s Winter Chunky Cable Knit Skirt Set — $43 on Amazon!
Still haven’t found what you’re looking for? Check out these related product articles below:
- The Best Self Tanners for Pale Skin That Won’t Turn You Bright Orange
- 12 Best Cellulite Body Massagers to Smooth Out Your Skin — Starting at $6
- Luxury Gift Ideas for Women Under $200
Check out more of our picks and deals here!
Browse fashion, beauty and health products. Also, check out our gift guides.
This post is brought to you by Us Weekly’s Shop With Us team. The Shop With Us team aims to highlight products and services our readers might find interesting and useful, such as wedding-guest outfits, purses, plus-size swimsuits, women’s sneakers, bridal shapewear, and perfect gift ideas for everyone in your life. Product and service selection, however, is in no way intended to constitute an endorsement by either Us Weekly or of any celebrity mentioned in the post.
The Shop With Us team may receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. In addition, Us Weekly receives compensation from the manufacturer of the products we write about when you click on a link and then purchase the product featured in an article. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product or service is featured or recommended. Shop With Us operates independently from the advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback at [email protected]. Happy shopping!